The mayor shall periodically advertise in the town’s newspaper of official record, and by other means deemed expedient, for requests for qualifications (RFQs) from potential professional contractors on the following schedule:
(1) Town attorney: every two years, beginning in March 2010.
(2) Town surveyor: every three years, beginning in September 2010.
(3) Town forester: every two years, beginning in February 2010.
(4) Town engineer: every five years, beginning in June 2010.
(5) Consultant – professional or occupational specialty: as needed.
(6) Other functions per CMC 2.60.030: as needed.
The mayor and a subcommittee of the council shall evaluate the responses to the RFQs, and make a recommendation to the full council on final selection. The selection shall be based upon an objective evaluation of the applicant’s possession of the required professional licenses, certificates, education, experience, reasonableness of fees, and, where applicable, corporate capability to perform the applicable critical function.
The town council shall adopt a process for adjudicating protests of the selection. The council’s decision on the selection shall be final. (Ord. 520, 2009)